For Additional Information on suggestopedi
1. Suggestopedia or Superlearning Method in USA –
Superlearning Inc. is a trademark registered in the USA, based on Dr.Lozanov’s system of teaching. Internationally acclaimed authors, and organization’s founders are Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder have written ten books, including the best-sellers Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, SuperLearning, Supermemory, and SuperLearning 2000. Their books have been published in more than 25 languages. Among other things, their work introduced Kirlian photography, pyramid power and SuperLearning to the Western world.
They have pursued breakthrough discoveries in human potential around the globe for more than three decades and discussed their findings in over 2000 TV and radio shows including Today and Good Morning America. They have also lectured widely in North America and abroad.
SuperLearning Inc. was founded in New York in 1979 by Lynn Schroeder who was President and CEO and Sheila Ostrander as Chairman. They created, recorded and published more than sixty SuperLearning and personal development programs on Item and CD. Lynn Schroeder was a native of New Jersey and lived in New York City. Sheila Ostrander is Canadian and lives in Toronto. Sheila holds degrees from the University of Manitoba in French literature and in pedagogy and has taught in England and Canada. She studied music for sixteen years with the Royal School of Music, England; and the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto.
Lynn has a B.A. in English literature and psychology from Skidmore College and did graduate work at The New School for Social Research.
Nancy Ostrander co-author of “SuperLearning” and “SuperLearning 2000” has actively researched, coordinated, and created mind development programs for adults and children. She has worked as a public relations consultant, event coordinator, lecturer and facilitator in the area of holistic health, education and parapsychology. Nancy is Canadian and resides in Vancouver, British Columbia.
2. Schools and Learning Centers Practicing the method around the world:
– SEAL – Society for Effective Affective Learning UK based global organization they use various teaching methods like… and among them Suggestopedia. Seal, a UK-based global association of people interested in the dynamics of learning, with an active membership in over 40 countries. We were also a community of individuals committed to the spread of ideas through their practical implementation. Founded in 1983, to promote the ideas of Suggestopedia, now active in 40 countries around the world.
– ERIC – the Education Resources Information Center – is an online digital library of education research and information. ERIC is sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. ERIC provides ready access to education literature to support the use of educational research and information to improve practice in learning, teaching, educational decision-making, and research. The ERIC mission is to provide a comprehensive, easy-to-use, searchable, Internet-based bibliographic and full-text database of education research and information that also meets the requirements of the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002.
CSC operates the ERIC Program under contract with the U.S. Department of Education. The ERIC contract supports development and management of the digital collection, ERIC Thesaurus, Web site, and associated technologies, as well as outreach to ERIC users. IES has authorized the work of three expert advisory panels to foster ERIC’s ongoing development: the ERIC Steering Committee, Content Experts, and Library Committee.
ERIC continues to explore new approaches to enhancing and expanding services to the user community. Through collaborative efforts and with feedback provided by the ERIC user community, the ERIC program continues to enhance online services, expand access to full-text materials, and increase the number of journal and non-journal sources indexed in the Collection.
– The Italian School of Casale – The Italian School of Casale, specializes in suggestopedia, the effective way to learn a language. Endorsed by UNESCO “There is consensus that suggestopedia is a generally superior teaching method for many subjects and for many types of students, compared with traditional methods.”You will learn in half the time and retain more and for longer what you have learnt. Our range of courses include General Italian Courses, Courses for teenagers, Italian for Special needs, Teacher’s refresher courses, Tandem course, Tailor-made course and many more, all designed to make your stay in Italy a valuable and fulfilling learning experience. General Language courses, such as Standard course, Combination course, Evening Program, Work experience Program, etc. Special courses such as Italian for Wine Lovers, Italian for Musicians, etc.
– Australian Centre of Chinese Studies in Melbourne and Sydney – Australia. The center offers accelerated classes in Mandarin and Cantonese. Also classes for kids.
– Howard Rokofsky – author, speaker, and a personal development coach, born in USA, from Czech origin, now based in Czech republic. He has developed his own products and offers them for sale. He is teaching communication skills and personal development.
– Humana – Language school based in Switzerland – offers various courses in different languages. It has more than 20 years experience teaching English, German and French.
– Italian Immersion Courses in Italy – Italian Courses from a large range of possibilities, all using the Suggestopedic Method for fast track learning. Whatever your choice, you will be part of a group of max 10-12 students of mixed nationalities, formed on the bases of a test; our language laboratory, library, video-library. Among the courses the school offers are Business Italian, Italian for wine lovers, Italian for musicians, etc.
– Omni School in Brazil – English school that uses the only methodology approved and recommended by UNESCO. Students can learn English in just 24 days with n o homework, stress or fatigue. (facebook fanpage)
– Gary & Merri Scott’s Work – Gary and his wife Merri, are educators and publishers of a numerous resources on Superthinking, International investing, Spanish language, and Entpreneurship. Gary says we can learn Spanish in 4 days. Merri Scott was trained educational techniques by the Bulgarian educational master, Dr. Georgi Lozanov. Lozanov’s system has been written about in the books “The Mozart Effect”, “Superlearning” and “Secrets Behind the Iron Curtain”.The Scotts teach ways to use this system to improve intelligence and learn Spanish. Gary and Merri and have lived, worked, studied, invested and done business wife in Hong Kong, Switzerland, Germany, London England and Ecuador as well as the USA. In the 1990s they began creating seminar centers in Cotacachi Ecuador and the Blue Ridge of the North Carolina to teach information about the fundamentals of Quantum health and wealth. Today they live and operate a hotel in Ecuador, and a seminar center.